Enjoy the majestic and breath-taking island of Bali, Indonesia for Five (5 days) for as low was PHP 20,000 per person. The blog below is quoted for Two (2) pax which means the total Budget for this trip is at PHP 40,000.
After reading my BLOG, don’t forget to subscribe at my YOUTUBE CHANNEL and get a chance to win this “Bali Pasalubong Treat” to all my Youtube Channel Subscribers (based in PH only) as I officially launch my BALI TRAVEL VLOG this November.
Here are some few things to consider before reading my full Itinerary & Budget details:
- The Budget is excluding Airfare. Well, I booked mine Cebu Pacific’s Piso Seat Sale last year. Patience is truly my virtue when looking for cheap airfares and seat sales.
- My Choice of Hotels is between Average to Good. For as long as it is clean, I am fine with it. For luxury travelers, the overall P40K budget for Two (2) is not enough.
- This is a 5-day Itinerary including the MANILA-DENPASAR-MANILA Round trip ticket. This is excluding travel period from my Provincial base which is General Santos City. Yass! Proud Probinsiyano here.
- Currency Exchange rate during my visit last October 21, 2018: 1 USD = 14,600 IDR (Indonesian Rupia). We converted our PHP money to USD while we are still here at NAIA 3 Airport. Upon arrival at the Denpasar Airport, we had our USD converted to IDR. Airport Currency exchange rates are a bit higher compared to downtown Bali but we wanted to make sure that it is legit. Well, you can still gamble exchanging your money outside the Airport. Others can go as 15,000 IDR for 1 USD during my visit.
So, here’s my 5-Day Travel Itinerary in Bali, Indonesia.
DAY 01 (October 21, 2018; Sunday)
- Departure from Manila (NAIA 3) via Cebu Pacific| 3:50AM
- Arrival in Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali | 7:50AM
***LEMPUYANG TEMPLE TOUR
TRAVEL INFO: Lempuyang is located in East of Bali Island and is approximately 3-4 hours away from Denpasar Airport. Traffic can be bad at times here in Bali. Upon doing my research, I regarding this area as the farthest I could go so far in the island so I made it sure I will be able to cover this place in my Travel Itinerary. Thanks to Early Flights as I was able to maximize a full day of travel and sight-seeing.
- Lempuyang Temple is located at Mount Lempuyang, Bunutan Village, Karangasem, East Bali | 12:30PM – 3PM.
- Upon arrival, we are required to avail the temple’s official transportation priced at 20,000 IDR per way. So, you have to pay 40,000 IDR each for a round trip ride each.
- Before you can enter the temple, you have to rent a “Sarong” since the place is sacred. Believe me that wearing a Sarong at some spots here in Bali is pretty normal. This is priced at 10,000 IDR each.
- There is NO ENTRANCE FEE as you enter Lempuyang Temple but there is a DONATION thing. You can pay whatever amount though.
- In tourist spots like this, PAY CR can go as much as 5,000 IDR per pax.
- FACTS: This is one of Bali’s oldest and most highly regarded temples and is believed to predate the majority of Hindu temples on the island. The main temple lies at 1,175m above sea level at the peak of Mount Lempuyang. | INFO from http://www.bali-indonesia.com
- REMINDERS: Drones are not allowed in this area.
- Tirta Gangga Royal Water Garden is located at Jalan Abang, Karangasem | 3:30PM – 4:30PM
- Entrance Fee: 15,000 IDR each
- FACTS: The Tirta Gangga royal water garden was built in 1946 during the reign of the late raja of Karangasem, Anak Agung Anglurah Ketut Karangasem (1887 – 1966). The lavish water gardens owned by the royal Karangasem family feature 1.2ha of pools, ponds and fountains surrounded by neatly cut lawns adorned with stepping stones, ornate statues and tropical gardens. | INFO from http://www.bali-indonesia.com
- REMINDERS: Drones are still not allowed in this area.
TRAVEL INFO: We departed from Tirta Gangga Royale Palace at 4:30PM and we arrived in Ubud at around 6:30PM. Thank God traffic was not that bad.
TRANSPORTATION TIPS: Getting around Bali can be a bit crazy because of the proximity of the island. After carefully reviewing all Travel Blogs about the island, I stumbled upon the most ideal and practical transportation option – it is CAR RENTAL. I came across Weda Bali Top Tours on Facebook and they are truly one of the cheapest tours I saw online. My Day 01 Tour includes: (1) Airport Pick-up and 10-hour Car Rental from Denpasar-Lempuyang-Ubud | (2) English-speaking Driver | (3) Car Fuel. Please see actual budget below. You can contact them on the image below. Another Tip: You can send them your customized Itinerary and they will give the amount after reviewing your proposal. Their Quotation is excluding all Entrance fees of the chosen tourist spots.
ACCOMMODATION: Booking.com is still one of the best places online for cheap hotels and accommodations. I booked a very great deal at Ayani Good House located at Jalan Raya Andong, Ubud for only 300,000 IDR (good for 2 pax) for 2 nights. Since I don’t have a picture of the hotel – the place is clean and very quiet. The Hotel is not that strict. There is no TV in the room and the Comfort Room is average only. Downside: The staff assigned is not so good in conversing with the English Language.
OTHER TIPS: It is best to bring with you the POCKET WIFI to contact your Driver or even your Hotel via Whatsapp. At least, you don’t have to buy a local sim in case you have this on your travel kit.
DAY 01 BUDGET:
- Pocket Wifi Rental via Klook App (5 days) | 234,000 IDR
- Pocket Wifi Deposit | 700,000 IDR
- Grocery 1 | 58,400 IDR
- Lempuyang Temple Transportation (Vice Versa for 2) | 80,000 IDR
- Sarong Rental at Lempuyang Temple for 2 pax | 20,000 IDR
- Donation for Lempuyang Entrance | 20,000 IDR
- Pay CR at Lempuyang Temple | 10,000 IDR
- Donation for Photographer (Optional) | 4,000 IDR
- Tirta Gangga Palace Entrance Fee | 300,000 IDR
- Dinner 1 | 158,000 IDR
- Car Rental for Day 1 (Weda Bali Top Tours) | 700,000 IDR
- Hotel in Ubud for Two (Nights): Ayani Good House | 300,000 IDR
- Circular Socket | 30,000 IDR
- Grocery 2 | 31,300 IDR
- GRAND TOTAL: 2,645,700 IDR
DAY 02 (October 22, 2018; Monday)
***UBUD WHOLE DAY TOUR
TRAVEL INFO: Ubud is one the major Tourist-centered destination of Bali. Every tourist spot here is just accessible to each other and are more or less near in terms of proximity. But, I still wanted to have a hassle-free Trip so I booked our Day 2 Itinerary with Weda Bali Top Tours. Same as our Day 1, the package includes 10-hour Car Rental with Driver & Fuel. Please see package below.
- There are many Luwak Coffee Plantations in Ubud but our driver brought us to Merta Harum Coffee Plantation which is approximately 10 minutes away our Hotel. The place is located at Jl. Raya Mawang No.98, Lodtunduh, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia. | 8:30AM – 10:30AM
- ENTRANCE IS FREE and a friendly tour guide will greet you at the Entrance Area. They will give you a short tour about their Luwak Coffee Plantation and how the coffee was processed.
- Basically, Luwak Coffee came from the processed “feces” of the Luwak or the Asian Plam Civet animal. During this interesting tour, we get to taste 12 kinds of coffee they sell on their store. It is part of the FREE PACKAGE but if you want to taste the famous Luwak Coffee, you have to add 50,000 IDR per cup.
- Just like another FREE STUFF, you have to drop their store. Well, purchase is optional though. What caught our attention is the GIANT SWING & BIRD’S NEST attraction which is one of Bali’s must-dos.
- There are two types of Giant Swing in the area. The Extreme and the Ordinary. Of course, we chose the Ordinary one which was priced at 150,000 IDR each. This also includes the Entrance Fee to have your picture taken with their famous Bird’s Nest. The Giant Swing was pretty much safe and is not that scary at all because of the harness. Though I saw some Swings that don’t have safety ropes. Well, SAFETY is still a MUST. The Giant Swing ride lasted for 5 minutes.
- When you are in Bali, the Tegallalang Rice Terraces in Ubud should be in your bucket list. This spot is just 2 minutes away from the Luwak Coffee Plantation. | 10:45AM – 12:30 PM
- ENTRANCE FEE: 10,000 IDR each
- DONATION FOR TWO (2) CHECKPOINTS: Depending on your generosity.
- TIPS: Wear comfortable shoes and shirts and bring your small bottled water. Its gonna be quite a hike here.
- If you can endure the hike until the top part, the view will be worth it. Well, the sun was so up that time but the view is amazing. DRONES are best buddies here. Some of the spots here offers pretty cheap “GIANT SWING DEALS” too.
- Tirta Empul Temple is located Manukaya village, district of Tampaksiring, Gianyar, central Bali. | 1PM – 2PM.
- ENTRANCE FEE: 15,000 IDR each
- Sarong Rental is FREE. You can pay an optional amount of Donation however.
- FACTS: Tirta Empul serves as a legendary setting of a traditional tale about good versus evil. It is also a national cultural heritage site. The complex, built circa 960 AD, is also a silent witness to the old Balinese kingdom years, particularly at the time of the Warmadewa Dynasty. |Info from http://www.bali-indonesia.com
- Goa Gajah is located at Bedulu Village, Jalan Raya Goa Gajah, Blahbatuh, Gianyar. | 2PM – 3PM.
- ENTRANCE FEE: 15,000 IDR
- Sarong Rental is still FREE. Don’t worry! There’s no Donation here.
- FACTS: This spot is an archaeological site of significant historical value located on the cool western edge of Bedulu Village. It has relic-filled courtyard, rock-wall carvings, a central meditation cave, bathing pools and fountains. | Info from http://www.bali-indonesia.com
- The UBUD MONKEY FOREST is perhaps my most favorite spot of our Day 2 Bali Tour. It is located at Jalan Monkey Forest, Padangtegal, Ubud. | 3PM – 5PM.
- ENTRANCE FEE: 50,000 IDR each
- FACTS: Also known as the Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal, this tourist spot is one of Ubud’s most popular attractions. It is a natural forest sanctuary that is home to a horde of grey long-tailed macaques. | Info from http://www.bali-indonesia.com
- TIPS: For Travel Vloggers like me, it is quite an achievement to find the best video and photo of you interacting with this wild creatures. There are so many signs everywhere warning you of the proper interaction with the monkeys. Literally, they are everywhere this area. Be extra careful with your backpacks and food. Monkeys can be so playful at times. As the sign says, don’t look at their eyes directly.
TRAVEL TIPS: It was still the best option to hire a Private Car for today’s tour. It was hassle-free. Again, the best way to contact your Driver is through Pocket Wifi & Whatsapp. Good thing that WIFI Signal over Ubud is quite good.
ACCOMMODATION: Still booked my 2nd Night at Ayani Good House via Booking.com
DAY 02 BUDGET:
- Breakfast Day 02 (2 pax) | 135,000 IDR
- Luwak Coffee (1 cup) | 50,000 IDR
- Luwak Goodies (Pasalubong) | 190,000 IDR
- Giant Swing (2 pax) | 300,000 IDR
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces Entrance Fee (2 pax) | 20,000 IDR
- Rice Terraces Donation 1 | 4,000 IDR
- Rice Terraces Donation 2 | 10,000 IDR
- Tirta Empul Entrance (2 pax) | 30,000 IDR
- Donation for Sarong at Tirta Empul | 2,000 IDR
- Lunch at Tirta Empul (2 pax) | 260,000 IDR
- Goa Gajah Entrance Fee (2 pax) | 30,000 IDR
- Ubud Monkey Forest Entrance Fee (2 pax) | 100,000 IDR
- Car Rental for Day 2 (Weda Bali Top Tours) | 550,000 IDR
- Day 02 Dinner (2 pax) | 76,000 IDR
- GRAND TOTAL | 1,757,000 IDR
DAY 03 (October 23, 2018; Tuesday)
***NUSA PENIDA ISLAND
TRAVEL INFO: From Ubud, there are so many ways how to get to Nusa Penida Island which is quite far since it is located on a separate group of islands in Bali. After all the research, we decided to take this route: UBUD – SANUR – NUSA PENIDA ISLAND. Ubud – Sanur is approximately 28kms apart or 40 minutes via Private Car.
TRAVEL TIP: To save cost, I found out that cheapest way to get to SANUR which is the jump-off point for Nusa Penida Island – that is PERAMA SHUTTLE. They have many offices in Bali and glad to know that they have an office in Ubud (FIND THEM HERE). Before our Day 02 ended, we asked our driver to look for the Perama Office in Ubud to book our Shuttle for UBUD-SANUR. Upon arrival at their Sanur Office, it was a relief that they offer HOTEL PICK-UP within Ubud aside from the Shuttle Bus. It costs us 170,000 IDR for both Hotel Pick-up and shuttle fare which was a pretty sweet deal and hassle-free transaction. On Day 03, they were just right on time. We left Ubud at around 8:30AM and arrived Sanur Boat Terminal (Yes, they will deliver you at the gate of the Boat Terminal) at around 9:15AM.
TOUR OPERATOR: While browsing Instagram, I stumbled upon @nusapenidaholiday account and immediately sent them a message via Whatsapp. Luckily, they offer one of the cheapest Half-day tours in Nusa Penida. HALF DAY TOUR? Yes, I only have the half day of October 23rd to explore the best of Nusa Penida Island so I must find a reliable travel operator. Their Package was at 650,000 IDR each inclusive of: (1) Car Rental for the whole Trip, (2) Driver & Fuel, (3) Bottled Waters (We had 4 bottled waters each), (4) FREE LUNCH (Yehey), (5) All Applicable Entrance Fees and Parking Fees & (6) Boat Fare from Sanur-Nusa Penida-Sanur. I guess this was a good deal for me. We met our Driver at Sanur Point and contacted him via Whatsapp. He accompanied us to the Boat Terminal and settled within few minutes our ticket. We waited for some time & boarded our boat at around 10:30AM.
- We arrived at Nusa Penida Island at around 11:45aM. Sea Travel was between 1 hour to 1.5 hours. The ride was good. The waves that time are friendly.
- Upon Arrival, our Driver picked us up at the Boat Terminal and immediately went to our first location, the CRYSTAL BEACH.
- Crystal Beach is basically a white sand beach where you can go sun bathing. Honestly, the beach is OKAY. There are more breath-taking beaches in the Philippines though.
- Angel’s Billabong & Broken Beach are located near to each other. Getting here from Crystal Beach was a bit difficult since the road is not that paved well and the whole ride was bumpy. Thank God we chose a Private Car though. I just can’t imagine renting a Motorbike just to endure Nusa Penida’s crazy roads and cliffs.
- There will be a modest hike going to this spots but believe me that it will all be worth it once you see them in real. Again, be careful with rocks and dangerous cliffs in the area. No picture and selfie is worth-dying for.
- TIPS: Wear comfortable shoes, shirts and bring a small bottled water too.
- Before getting to the world famous T-Rex Island, we drove ourselves to Paluang Cliff overlooking the back of Kelingking Secret Beach. Our driver says that this is the best place to catch Sunsets.
- TIPS: Be very careful at this place since there are no handrails. SELFIES & PHOTOS are quite dangerous here.
- Finally out in my BUCKET LIST, Bali’s famous T-Rex Island or the Kelingking Secret Point. Getting here is quite a hike too. You have two options: (1) Enjoy this amazing and breath-taking view at the Top OR (2) Enjoy the crystal clear and white shores down there. PS: The steps going down is beyond 1,500 steps plus considering the sunny weather. After considering all these factors, I decided to just enjoy the view from above.
- This views looks more amazing and majestic in person. GAAAH! This is my most favorite tourist spot so far in Asia. The whole place gave me chills.
TIPS: It was still the best decision to hire a Private Car via NUSA PENIDA HOLIDAY since it is inclusive of everything you need for that quick and hassle-free Nusa Penida Island Tour. Our Tour ended at around 7PM. Before we part ways with our driver, we informed him our desired boat schedule for tomorrow. We decided to take the 9AM schedule since we wanted to spend more time in Legian (KUTA) for our last day.
ACCOMMODATION: I got another sweet deal from BOOKING.COM and booked a Bungalow Room from Kulkul Bungalow.
Day 03 BUDGET
- Day 03 Breakfast | 150,000 IDR
- Perama Shuttle with Hotel Pick-up (Ubud to Sanur) 2 pax | 170,000 IDR
- Nusa Penida Island Tour Package for 2 pax | 1,300,000 IDR
- Dinner for Day 03 for 2 pax | 145,000 IDR
- Oveernight at Kulkul Bingalow for 2 pax | 395,000
- GRAND TOTAL: 2,160,000 IDR
DAY 04 (October 24, 2018, Wednesday)
TRAVEL INFO: Thanks to our Nusa Penida Holiday Package since it is already inclusive of Round Trip Boat Travel to and from Nusa Penida Island. We arrived at Sanur Beach Point at around 10:15AM. We then looked for PERAMA SHUTTLE OFFICE which is conveniently located outside the Sanur Terminal which is a good thing. We booked our Bus Ticket from SANUR – LEGIAN (KUTA). We traveled to Kuta for 30 minutes from Sanur. Drop Off point was the famous Memorial Site in Kuta where Perama Office is located. Luckily, it was a 2-km walk only to our chosen Hotel – Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian. We decided to spend the last day in Kuta since this is nearest place to the Denpasar Airport. Well, we wanted our last day to be stress-free and relaxing so staying in Legian was quite a good move for us.
ACCOMMODATION: We stayed at Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian after scoring another sweet deal from BOOKING.COM. Room is very clean and this our best deal so far.
- TIPS: Legian in Kuta is very famous for their LEGIAN BEACH, BARS & MARKETS so this place is really a heaven for majority of the tourists. The place is best accessible via walking but thanks to our Hotel for a FREE BIKE stuff.
- Biking is fun and generally safe in Legian. Police & traffic enforcers are very eager to assist you every time you are on the road. Aside from shopping and bar hopping, we decided to spend the sunsets at LEGIAN BEACH which is famous for their Public Beach where tourists gather for some beach stuff and beers.
- TIPS: Relax on your last day. In as much as there are many places to explore in Bali such as Seminyak & Uluwatu plus more of Nusa Penida Island, I guess this leaves me more than enough reason to come back very soon.
DAY 04 BUDGET
- Perama Shuttle from Sanur to Kuta (2 pax) | 70,000 IDR
- Hotel at Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian (2 pax) | 345,000 IDR
- Food expenses in Legian | 730,000 IDR
- Pasalubong Expenses (Estimated) | 1,500,000 IDR
- GRAND TOTAL: 2,645,000 IDR
DAY 05 (LAST DAY: October 25, 2018, Thursday)
***HOME SWEET HOME
TRAVEL INFO: Since Kuta is just 30 minutes away from Denpasar Airport, we decided to book our Hotel Transfer via WEDA BALI TOP TOURS. The driver picked us at at 5:30AM at the hotel for our 8:35AM flight back to Manila, Philippines. There are taxis around but it only cost us 150,000 IDR for this ride which is relatively cheap already for Airport transfers.
DAY 05 BUDGET:
- Airport Transfer from Kuta to Denpasar via Weda Tours | 150,000 IDR
- Airport Expenses (Food & Duty Free) | 600,000 IDR
- GRAND TOTAL: 750,000 IDR
SUMMARY OF EXPENSES
- DAY 01 | 2,645,700 IDR
- DAY 02 | 1,757,000 IDR
- DAY 03 | 2,160,000 IDR
- DAY 04 | 2,645,000 IDR
- DAY 05 | 750,000 IDR
- REFUNDABLE | 700,000 IDR (Deposit for the Pocket Wifi) ***DEDUCTIBLE
- GRAND TOTAL: 9,257,700 IDR
- COVERTED TO USD (As of October 21, 2018): 634 USD (Rounded Off) ***14,600 IDR = 1 USD
- CONVERTED TO PHP (As of October 21, 2018): PHP 34,058.00 (Rounded Off) ***P53.7190 = 1 USD
WHOA! That’s PHP 34,058.00 for 5 DAYS for 2 PAX at the ISLAND OF BALI, INDONESIA! Actually, I am pretty amazed too!
EXCLUSIONS: Airfare (Gensan-Manila-Gensan & Manila-Denpasar-Manila) & Travel Tax at P1,620 each.
MC’s TRAVEL KIT TIPS
Sharing below some helpful tips and some travel recommendations to fully enjoy the majestic island of Bali:
A. Adapter with Circular Socket
- The socket in Bali is circular so make sure you bring one. You can by this adapter at around 20k-30k IDR in Bali.
B. Pocket Wifi booked via Klook App
- More than social media thing, Pocket Wifi is a best thing to bring here in Bali for Google Maps, Waze and even contacting your driver or hotel if you don’t have local sim. Just like PH, some areas don’t have good signal too. But trust me, this is pretty much helpful. Booked mine via the Klook App for only PHP 815.00 for 5 days already (Prices may vary). This has a 1.5 GB allocation which is enough for the basic online transactions you will need for the entire trip. When booking via Klook, kindly choose Pick-up at Denpasar Airport. Payment Options are either Debit, Credit Card or Paypal. Upon arrival, find the Discover Bali Lounge outside the Arrival Area and show them your Confirmation Voucher. Also, pay the 700,000 IDR Deposit before getting the Unit. Return the Device on the same location. They are open from 6AM-11:30PM.
- Whatsapp is similar to Viber and can be downloaded for FREE via the iStore & Google Play. In Bali, Hotels, Tour Operators & Drivers are widely using this app for messages & calls. Of course, you should have a WIFI to access such. Thus, the Pocket Wifi rental.
D. Comfy & Quality Sandals
- My Itinerary above has many hikes and minor treks (Unless you wanna go down the Kelingking Secret Point). So make sure you bring sandals that would benefit you. Won’t name brands though. LOL!
E. Indonesian Rupia (IDR)
- In Bali, you will definitely experience being a Millionaire because of their currency exchange. The cost of being rich though entails a little confusion. Their highest paper denomination is 100,000 and lowest is 2,000 (I think). Others are coins but has very minimal value. Well, on a P40k budget, expect for many bills on your pocket.
Here’s the Major Rule:
A. 125 means 125K IDR
B. 1.25 means 1,250,000 IDR
Don’t be confused with many zeros. You can also check the colors of their money for distinction.
I hope this Blog is helpful. Being a budget traveler ever since, I will try my best to put it into writing starting now. PS: Medyo busy po ako ng slight. Charot!
Drop some follows & likes below:
Again, don’t forget to subscribe at my YOUTUBE CHANNEL and get a chance to win a BALI TREAT (pic from the first part of this Blog) after I finally upload my Official BALI TRAVEL VLOG this November. Cheers!